Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?

From: Koh Choon Lin
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 21:44:06 +0800

Having a fully free official
Ubuntu variant will also mean there's more attention drawn to the ideals
of free software, and it'll probably be easier to find help for any
problems as there'll be more people using a completely free Ubuntu
variant. However, I still prefer using a distribution which has freedom
as it's main goal.

If I read the announcement correctly, Canonical is following what
Linspire had done - releasing two distribution, one non-free and one
free. And looking at history, I guess more would download and use the
former than the latter.