Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Glossy GNU ?
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:49:53 +0100

Koh Choon Lin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I like to ask if gNewSense would "improve" on this distribution, since
> the latter is already competely free?
>

> Koh Choon Lin

>From what I've read from the different discussions about this, it seems
that gNewSense will definitely continue, and it will have the advantage
of being able to improve on a fully free variant of Ubuntu, rather than
the main one, which will make it easier. Having a fully free official
Ubuntu variant will also mean there's more attention drawn to the ideals
of free software, and it'll probably be easier to find help for any
problems as there'll be more people using a completely free Ubuntu
variant. However, I still prefer using a distribution which has freedom
as it's main goal.

--
Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office files - see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.