Re: [gNewSense-users] Choosing a distribution

From: cesar gil perez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Choosing a distribution
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:10:25 +0200

Wow! I am amazed, people. You have been really fast.
Thank you all.
Another of my concerns in using only the FSF recommended distros is if
some of them could be used in very old machines like some of mine (old
DIGITAL laptop pentium mmx with 48 MB or desktop PII with 128 MB). I
have used Debian and Slackware in the past due to its limited needs
when installed with the adequated packages (light window managers,
abiword instead of O.Office and so). I know you can strip down a
regular distro, but it seems a lot more time consuming, compared to an
initial simple-command-choose-what-you-want cd like the one in
Slackware.

2007/4/11, rek2 GNU/Linux LO LO LO <address@hidden>:

> My understanding is that gnewsense reuses Ubuntu's simple graphical
> installer (Ubiquity); personally I use gnewsense-kde which also has a
> good GUI installer (maybe this is also Ubiquity).
>
> Matthew Flaschen

Yes same package..

Chris F.