Re: [gNewSense-users] more on Feisty gNewSense

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] more on Feisty gNewSense
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:43:21 -0400

Karl Goetz wrote:
> The idea thats appealing to me most at the moment is to divide as such:
>  - General/version independent help
>  - gNewSense 1.x
>  - gNewSense 2.x
>  - gNewSense 3.x
>  - etc

This seems like a good idea, but realistically people would really end
up putting version-independent information (which almost everything is)
in the version sections.

> We seem to be planing to ask users to do what in ubuntu land is a Dapper
> -> Feisty jump - a 12 month, unsupported upgrade.

I didn't think anything was supported. :)  Seriously, I wasn't expecting
to upgrade.  I already have /home on a separate partition (highly
recommended) so I'm willing to install from scratch.

Matt Flaschen