[gNewSense-users] gNewSense based on Feisty

From: Alejandro Serrano
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense based on Feisty
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 00:03:04 +0200

As I promised, here are the files I've been working with to create a
gNewSense build for Feisty.
First of all, the work is very far for complete. I'll put here a list of
things that need to be done:
- Check the new artwork packages: in Feisty the ubuntu-artowrk packages
has been split into ubunut-artwork, feisty-session-splashes,
feisty-gdm-themes, feisty-wallpapers, human-theme and human-icon-theme.
I've done most of the work, but some things, like replacing the Ubuntu
icon in gnome-panel with gNewSense one, still needs to be done.
- Add new artowrk, like usplashes for sizes other than 640x400.
- Check the new kernel that comes with Feisty for propietary drivers: as
of now, I've simply commented out the part regarding the kernel in
do-update, but there is a work to be done there.
- Modify the gen-firefox script to work with Firefox 2.0.
- Check the gen-livecd script works: I cannot build the Live CD because
of a known bug in console-setup package (that seems to affect users
randomly).

I think it would be a good idea if we could start a branch of the
builder for Feisty, so everybody could help. Maybe we can get a working
gNewSense Feisty just a few days after the official release ;-)

Cheers,
Alejandro Serrano