Re: [gNewSense-users] OT - where did this 'burning dog' name come from?

From: rek2 GNU/Linux LO LO LO
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] OT - where did this 'burning dog' name come from?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:40:53 -0400

I got this question like 100 times last Saturday at the FSF member meeting..
I think it is because the way we buil the system... we use "builder" so basically we grab de k/ubuntu repositories, and use builder on them to grab and modify(k/ubuntu) packages and put them back to our own repository with our modifications so we need to keep pulling the firefox from k/ubuntu, to use iceweasel this carries that we need to pull also from Debian.. and this will complicate things, about the name I think Kaiser can explain you that one :-)

TT wrote:
How was that name picked?

Why was GNU Ice Weasel not picked instead?