Re: [gNewSense-users] Email address for Linus Torvalds?

From: Kevin M. Dean
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Email address for Linus Torvalds?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 23:46:44 -0400

Linus has an ego? Hrm. We'll, it's a good thing our figurehead, Richard
Stallman isn't a nutcase.

Oh... Wait...

As to being apolitical, it's not possible. Inaction causes ripples just
as great a actions. He might go on saying he's against it, but at the
end of the day, he does nothing but make the most popular Free Software
kernel better.

I don't agree with Richard Stallman about everything, and there are
Linux kernel developers who don't care what Linus thinks. Linux is Free
Software, even if it wasn't created to be. Neither was the Solaris
kernel, or Java.

As to why he began writing the kernel in the first place, or how well it
worked out for him... Well, Eben Moglen has made a nice profit out of
his name. I don't think going somethign for fame, or status, or money or
some really cute girl are bad things. It's when you begin walking over
and taking advantage of people that the pursuit of those things becomes
a problem.

So far, Linus has been very blunt about his views, and until very
recently they've been more about technical implication that political
motivation. Perhaps he just had a bad week. ;)

Anyway, it's the voice of the million little people that matter more
than the shouts of one man.