Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem playing FLAC files in Amarok

From: Andrew Wigglesworth
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem playing FLAC files in Amarok
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:35:01 +0000

On Sunday 18 March 2007 20:43, Guy Johnston wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't play FLAC files with Amarok in gNewSense 1.1. There's an error
> which reads "There is no audio channel!". I can play them in Totem and
> VLC, and I could play them in Amarok in Kubuntu 6.06 and 6.10. Does
> anyone know what might be the cause of this problem? The default engine
> for Amarok is xine, and I expect it's a problem with that.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guy

Yes, I get exactly the same problem playing Flac audio files in Amarok (gns
1.1 as well, of course).  Xine itself and Kaffeine, which is using Xine, both
play the files fine; which would indicate to me that it's some sort of
problem with Amarok itself, or the way it connects with Xine.

I've played around with the issue (not to any great depth though) and haven't
seen a way around it.  The issue is still there with the newer Amarok version
from gNewSense backports.

btw.  there is an unrelated problem with Xine generally, in that it does not
play 24bit Flac files.  Or, rather, it does, but they just sound like static
noise.

--
Andrew

All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of address@hidden@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard