Re: [gNewSense-users] Genscripts

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Genscripts
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 02:01:13 -0400

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Kevin M. Dean wrote:
>> I think the main reason is because nobody's had the time to sit down and
>> make the package comply with Debian policy.
>>
>> Also, the gNS kernels are processed with Builder, which rather than
>> being tidy, is designed to work. Builder is still in beta, this may be a
>> hold-over from that.
>
> Right now, I'm trying to change the konqueror start page so it
> references gNewSense documentation, rather than kubuntu docs.  (The next
> step would be to modify kubuntu docs to produce said gNewSense docs).
> The problem is, kubuntu's kde package already modifies this start page
> in a debian/patches file, and genscripts run before these patches are
> processed.

I tried to build kdebase, after changing the start page to refer to
gnewsense.  The build failed (the last time :) ) with:

install -p -D -m644 debian/debian-kde_default.png
debian/kdebase-data/usr/share/wallpapers/debian-kde_default.png
install: cannot stat `debian/debian-kde_default.png': No such file or
directory
make: *** [binary-install/kdebase-data] Error 1

Indeed, that folder exists, but the file does not.  Can anyone shed some
light on this?

Matthew Flaschen

P.S. The hack I came up with was a
kubuntu_33_kubuntuify_then_gnewsensify_about.diff , where the upstream
file is kubuntu_33_kubuntuify_about.diff .  That was the only way I
could guarantee it would run in the right order.  Now, it would be nice
to see if it works.