Re: [gNewSense-users] how can our community best support gNewSense?

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] how can our community best support gNewSense?
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 22:17:51 +0000

Kevin Dean wrote:
> I admire your passion.
>
> There's one huge problem that I see with gNewSense right now, and I've
> spoken with Paul about how I might be able to help fix this.
>
> Simply, gNewSense isn't yet ready to be the showcase that we all want it
> to be.
>
> There are things that still remain to be done before gNewSense is
> fully functional, let alone exceptional. For instance, we don't have a
> Server install CD, and doing a "Lightweight" install on a laptop of
> older machine is not yet possible at this moment.
>
> Documentation is one thing that gNewSense lacks now, and anyone
> willing to help write some would do a lot.
>
> Before we can run we need to walk, and while gNS is a great distro,
> it's nowhere near showcase material, too many serious, but not so
> flashy thing, still need to be done.

+1
In other places this is voting in favour of the motion placed in front
of the panel. As Kevin says there are things that need doing, just in
case you missed them I put them in the mail on the list with the word
REVIEW in the subject line.

For those that want to do something - Documentation is useful, even if
what you do is not of production quality, do it on the wiki and others
can polish it.

Regards,
P.