Re: [gNewSense-users] AMD64 version of gNewSense?

From: Ringo Kamens
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] AMD64 version of gNewSense?
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:26:42 -0700

I also agree. I just bought a AMD64 acer which is slower at 32-bit
mode than my laptop from 2004. I would appreciate a 64 bit version as
well.
Ringo Kamens

On 3/2/07, Kevin Dean <address@hidden> wrote:
I've begun purchasing my next workstation piece-by-piece, and being a
dual socket Opteron system on a Tyan motherboard, I'm interested in
exactly the same thing, LinuxBIOS and AMD64 for gNewSense.

I know that we can use the 32 bit, but having a native 64 bit version
would be quite useful, I'm lending my support. :D

-Kevin

On 3/2/07, Dave Crossland <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just purchased a new machine, with the Gigabyte GA M57SLI-S4
> motherboard that will soon support LinuxBIOS, for a truly 100% Free
> Software workstation. The FSF has just bought 2 of these motherboards
> also, and is helping the LinuxBIOS project.
>
> The board supports a dualcore AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU, and so I'd like to
> create an AMD64 version of gNewSense.
>
> If I do this, will the gNewSense project support a amd64 repository so
> everyone else can benefit? :-)
>
> Machine Details
>
> Motherboard - Gigabyte GA M57SLI-S4
>
> Memory - 1Gb (2x512MB) DDR2 667Mhz RAM (set up for Dual Channel Memory
Mapping)