Re: [gNewSense-users] Show us the Code?

From: Ringo Kamens
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Show us the Code?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:19:05 -0700

While it's true that I don't see gnewsense as a distribution that
should be involved in "pissing contests" I believe it's worthwhile to
add our name to the list. When Microsoft makes libelous claims about
"patent infringement" it drives people away from using Linux. They
falsely believe linux is illegal or that doubt of its legality would
create problems. Have we seen this technique before? Yes. Tobacco
companies used it and in an internal memo said "doubt is our product".
We saw their campaigns "More doctors choose camel!". We are seeing oil
companies do this by inserting junk science and mis-information
campaigns into the media. 99% of scientists believe in global warming
but only about 50% of media articles do. This is the technique
Microsoft is using and I see no reason to stand by and watch it when
we could take action.
Ringo Kamens