Re: [gNewSense-users] Free ubuntu and gNewSense

From: andrei raevsky
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Free ubuntu and gNewSense
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:11:49 -0500

On 2/22/07, Kevin Dean <address@hidden> wrote:
Will we trust them now? I think gNewSense as a distro makes more sense
than some side version of Ubuntu. The focus in gNS will ALWAYS be
Freedom, above all other things. That's a kind of kinship,
like-mindedness and security that I don't take for granted.

Amen to that!  Paul and Brian went beyond just making another distro, even a totally free one: they created a community of like-minded people brought together by a commitment and a common ideal.  I am quite delighted that Ubuntu will do a 100% version, but I am sticking with gNewSense!