[gNewSense-users] Re: beryl

From: Jay
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: beryl
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:35:48 -0500

I think that AIGLX must be under a BSD or MIT licence since that is what Xorg is. Am I wrong?

On 2/22/07, Jay < address@hidden> wrote:
I plan to install beryl with AIGLX on my gNewSense installation. On the graphics driver issue, I have an Intel 915gm which is supported by free software. I plan to follow these instructions:
http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/Install_Beryl_on_Ubuntu_Dapper_with_AIGLX
However, there are a few parts that concern me. The part where I need to do an apt-get dist-upgrade with this repo:
http://gandalfn.club.fr/ubuntu/index.php?dir=
is one. Will this introduce non-free software? I have looked around the directory tree in that repo but I could not find anything that I recognized as non-free, however, I was unfamiliar with most of the items so even if there are non-free packages there I probably would not know. I am also having trouble finding what licence AIGLX uses. Any help is greatly appreciated.