Re: [gNewSense-users] Gnash packages for gNewSense

From: Andrew Wigglesworth
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Gnash packages for gNewSense
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:28:58 +0000

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 19:05, Alejandro Serrano wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been working a couple of days, and compiled a set of packages for
> running Gnash in gNewSense. It's based on the 0.72-1 version available
> in Ubuntu Edgy and Ubuntu Feisty repositories, although it has been
> compiled in a gNewSense system and seems to run OK.
> The file is in http://www.threatofchaos.com/gnash.tar.gz, and contains
> libgnash0 (the libraries), gnash, klash (players for Gnome and KDE
> respectively), gnash-tools, and plugins for Mozilla Firefox (also works
> on BurningDog) and Konqueror. Of course, the packages are provided 'as
> is', with no warranty. But it would be great if you could tell me whther
> the package works (I'm not a Gnash developer, so I cannot answer
> application-related questions).
>
> Alejandro

Hi,

I eventually got round to trying out your gnash binaries but came across a
problem.

One of the dependencies for your libgnash0_0.7.2-1_i386.deb package is for:

libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.12.3)

However, the version in gNewSense is 1.12.2-0ubuntu3.  Therefore, libgnash
will not install, and since everything else depends upon libgnash, it pretty
much stops the show.

Though, maybe I should just consider this is a good thing. The web is so quiet
without flash (as seen on other peoples computers).

--
Andrew

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The
Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html