Re: [gNewSense-users] Filesystem type

From: andrei raevsky
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Filesystem type
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:30:29 -0500

On 2/15/07, Matthew Flaschen <address@hidden> wrote:

I could convert them now to ext3.  I was wondering whether there are
tangible advantages to ext3 for a typical desktop user.

Yes, there are: journalling, i.e. ext3 keeps track of what data you
have on your disks, and where it is.  which really helps in case of
crash or power outage.  I personally use ReiserFS which, in my
experience, is even faster and superior in the recovery after a power
outage (something which happens often in Florida).  BTW there are
other journalling file systems out there.  I would definitely switch
over the ext3, ReiserFS or any other, it makes your disks much safer.