Re: [gNewSense-users] Debian User. Is there a need to move to gNS?

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Debian User. Is there a need to move to gNS?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:57:10 +0200

MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> wrote:
>> MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:
>> > There are other small debian/gNS differences on free software: AIUI,
>> > gNS will contain FDL'd adware manuals which are not free software ...
>>
>> ...and not two sentences later you start fanning the flames
>> yourself.
>
> Huh?  It's not flame-fanning ...

If refering to something using derogatory terms is not flaming, then I
lack some fundamental understanding of what flaming is.

I'm sure that people who like the FDL do not enjoy someone refering to
it as "adware". Therefore they might become upset when reading such a
reference.

In short, using those terms is just verbal decoration. It helps no-one,
clutters the issue and upsets a few. So why do it?