Re: [gNewSense-users] Debian User. Is there a need to move to gNS?

From: Andreas K. Foerster
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Debian User. Is there a need to move to gNS?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:56:49 +0100

Am Sonntag, dem 11. Feb 2007 schrieb Raghu Kodali:

>    I am a Debian Etch user. I have only main in my sources.list & I did
> not install anything from contrib etc.
>
> I am not very much bothored about using the latest versions of the
> software. Debian testing is fine for me.
>
> I like Free (as in freedom) Software. I am pretty sure that I do not
> have any non free (as in freedom) software installed.
>
> Is there any compelling reason why I should be shifting to gNS?

I don't think that you are the right "target-audience" for gNewSense,
since you seem to be aware of the problems of nonfree software already.

There ist just one thing: there are unfortunately binary blobs in the
kernel Linux (Byte tables in the "source"). The gNewSense maintainers
also take care about that.

BTW. to the gNewSense maintainers - are you distributing your modiefied
kernel anywhere, so that it can be used in other distributions?

--
AKFoerster