Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Burningdog crash - need help

From: Dean Linkous
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Burningdog crash - need help
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:27:32 -0500

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 08:10:06 -0500
"andrei raevsky" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I did.  Here is what I came up with.  If  I delete this file:
>
>  /home/andrei/.mozilla/firefox/3ykhz6gj.default/extensions.ini
>
> the browser starts again.  however, upon exiting the browser recreates this
> file and the same problem starts all over.  now I can easily write a small
> script which deletes this file each time the browser exits, but this is the
> ugly way - I want to fix this problem and make BurningDog usable with
> extensions for the rest of our community.
>
> any suggestions as to how to fix this?

suggestions yes, fix maybe/maybe not :)

method 0
apt-get install --reinstall firefox

method 1
apt-get remove --purge firefox
apt-get install firefox

method 2
navigate to
/home/andrei/.mozilla/firefox/3ykhz6gj.default/extensions
and delete the extensions in that folder and see if that corrects the problem