Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Freedom and webapps

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Freedom and webapps
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:57:33 +0000

On the topic of freedom and webmail, can anyone recommend a good place
to get an email account which I can access using IMAP, that uses free
software? I know G(oogle)mail uses proprietary software, but I access it
using POP almost all of the time. I've had a look at ippimail, and it
looks good, but it doesn't seem to have an option to access the account
using IMAP or POP. Promoting freedom rather than just the practical
convenience of the 'open source' rhetoric would be also be good.

Guy