[gNewSense-users] building new kernel

From: Michael Endsley
Subject: [gNewSense-users] building new kernel
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:17:32 -0700

I am wanting to build a new kernel. Some things haven't worked well with my
system (console fonts and alsa are the big ones). I do a lot of internet stuff
just on my console. Also, my onboard sound system (Ensoniq 1371) works a lot
better with oss than alsa. Alsa works with snd_ens1371 till I log out. When I
reboot, I have to as root (modprobe -r snd_ens1371  modprobe snd_ens1371) and
then run alsamixer or aumix. I don't worry about alsactl store since it won't
help when I reboot. Yes, I have seen what is posted on the alsa site ;)
Any way, to build a kernel for gNewSense, do I follow the Debian way with make
kpkg?
I tried looking on the website, but didn't see anything on this.
Thanks

--
"Estimated amount of glucose used by an adult human brain each day, expressed
in M&Ms: 250"

  - Harper's Index