Re: [gNewSense-users] [Off Topic] Will you be getting Microsoft Vista?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [Off Topic] Will you be getting Microsoft Vista?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:01:07 +0000

Guy Johnston <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...] about copyright infringement, and to stop calling it "piracy",
> [...] responded to that one, saying they'll keep calling it
> that, because the dictionary, the media, the "pirates" themselves and
> the law call it that. It's fair enough that's in the dictionary, but I'm
> pretty doubtful that many lawyers and judges use that kind of smear word.

I don't remember it in any legislation and a quick search of trials at
www.bailii.org didn't find any judges using it for copyright except
when quoting political speeches or the media companies.

Also, have you notice who publishes most dictionaries?  Media companies...

Now, heading even further off-topic: why are people on this list using
googlemail?  Are there so many supporters of Microsoft-like censorship
in China, trademark snatch, net pollution, World Economic Forum and so on?
;-)  http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2006/google
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2006/boycott

Regards,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/