Re: [gNewSense-users] Photos and Pictures

From: Janet Hawtin
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Photos and Pictures
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:05:11 +1030

On 1/30/07, Dave Crossland <address@hidden> wrote:
On 18/01/07, Guy Johnston <address@hidden> wrote:

> In terms of the GNOME theme, I
> personally like the current Ubuntu Human theme, with the Tango and
> Tango-style icons, which is even better in Ubuntu Edgy (except maybe the
> excessive use of brown).

The tango icons are CC-BY-SA licensed. Is this a problem for inclusion
as an official gNewSense theme in the future?

BY-SA is 73337 Free access.
Use, derivatives and distribution conditional on attribution and
sharing them to others.
GPL is 77737 Free access, use, derivatives.
Distribution is conditional on making source available.

Is attribution a problem for icons in a distribution?
Tango has been partly a Novell project so I'm not sure
if that is a factor re MS deals etc.

Janet