[gNewSense-users] Upgrading from Dapper

From: Brian Kemp
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Upgrading from Dapper
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:45:36 -0500

Dave Crossland wrote:

W: GPG error: http://gb.archive.gnewsense.org deltad Release: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY 3FCB83DD91854607
W: GPG error: http://gb.security.gnewsense.org deltad-security
Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 3FCB83DD91854607

When I tried it this weekend, I didn't even get that far. I copied my
sources.list from my current deltad install:

deb http://us.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/ deltad main universe
deb-src http://us.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/ deltad main universe
deb http://us.security.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/ deltad-security main universe
deb-src http://us.security.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/ deltad-security
main universe

I was getting all repositories ignored; I tried following some instructions from
http://easyubuntu.freecontrib.org/get.html (adapting them to gNS of
course) but couldn't get the key to import.

I suppose this has been fixed, as Dave as able to get further than I was.

As of note, I also updated Dapper before attempting to cut over to
Deltad. This may have made things behave differently, but I wanted to
simulate what a user who's been keeping up with the updates would have
done.

We're almost there...