[gNewSense-users] Keyboard Recognition Problem

From: Carl R. Powers
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Keyboard Recognition Problem
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 22:26:36 -0700

I have installed gNewSense on 3 computers so far. Had no problems on 2 of them and everything looks good. However, on the 3rd computer, a home built pc with a Tyan 2495 Motherboard, the keyboard is not recognized during / after bootup. If I unplug and replug it, everything works normally. This only happens on this computer and seems to be a problem with the ubuntu kernel as mint 2.1 behaves the same. No such problem with other distros and kernels (lunar, kororaa, pclinuxos, debian, etc) on this pc. If I copy one of their kernels, initrd (if used), and modules to gNewSense, it boots OK. I'm currently booted with the debian 2.6.18-3-k7 kernel.

Can you fix your kernel to eliminate this problem? Do you provide the 2.6 kernel source so I can compile my own kernel? I've looked in your repositories but so far haven't found the kernel I realize I can get the current kernel sources from kernel.org or from my lunar distro.

Other than the keyboard problem, things look good. Keep up the good work. I'm pleased to see
just how much can be done with free software.

Carl Powers
<address@hidden>