[gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 17

From: Brian Kemp
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 17
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:41:13 -0500

I'll take it. Sorry I'm so late (very demanding client at work).  I
have a bunch of dumpter-scored computers, so I can definitely allocate
one or two.

1: Install fresh dapper on spare box
2: Pull sources.list from my current deltad install
3: run command from wiki

Sound good?

Brian Brazil wrote:
I have an idea for an Ubuntu to gNS upgrade path. Obviously this will
only work for Dapper (and possibly breezy, but let's not go there).
1. Change sources.list
2. aptitude dist-upgrade
3. http://www.gnewsense.org/Builder/RemovingUpdatedPackages
Could someone take this, test it and generally own it? I'd like this
working by the weekend. Should be just a few hours work. Your results
should form a nice howto on the wiki, with appropriate warnings.
Brian