Re: [gNewSense-users] newcomer's greetings

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] newcomer's greetings
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:25:52 +0000

Hi Andrei, thanks for introducing yourself. It's always good for the
gNewSense community to gain new members, and it's good for the free
software movement in general. I haven't really used the IRC channel, I
just use this list when I want to say something. I'm from the UK if that
helps. I don't think the Ubuntu community are too supportive of
gNewSense, if they even have any idea what it is. I think most of them
only support the open source movement, if they've even read about that.
A large amount of them seem to just use 'Linux' because it's free as in
beer, or to just avoid using Windows. I think the Ubuntu forums can be
useful for support with gNewSense though, as long as you pretend you're
using plain Ubuntu.

Guy