Re: [gNewSense-users] art-work license??

From: Tatiana
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] art-work license??
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:17:18 -0500

The reason I asked is because someone from the list said that the art work should be under the GDFL . (this got me confuse as you see above). Hopefully I will be summiting new art work for gnewsense-kde. Thanks so much for the help. What will be the best license I could use for art to keep it free? this question is for Brian or Paul.

Thanks.

Max Moritz Sievers escribió:
Tatiana wrote:
I had a question about the  art work license ,the GDFL. From my
knowledge, I understand this license is  usually use for text base
work.  Is this a  license you can also use for art-work?? If not what
license are we using for the artwork??

You are thinking of the GNU FDL, don't you?

    We don't take the position that artistic or entertainment works must be
    free, but if you want to make one free, we recommend the Free Art License
    [1].
    [1] http://artlibre.org/licence/lal/en/
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/