RE: [gNewSense-users] Ubuntu->gNS upgrade path

From: Dean Linkous
Subject: RE: [gNewSense-users] Ubuntu->gNS upgrade path
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:20:00 -0800

I likely cannot "own" it but if I get a chance I will play around with it. My
laptop does not have a cd drive but if I get a chance to play with the other
computers we own I will give it a spin.

I always wondered about a "conversion" method to convert people from the dark
side! :) I wondered if installing dapper with a preseed could also be used for
good?

On a similar note, one of the ways I install gnewsense on my laptop is to
install a Debian sarge minimal install that I keep on my hardrive. Then I
change sources.list to gnewsense and install the gnewsense kernel,
dist-upgrade. install some base packages and so forth and then just gnome-core
and gdm. Works great and isn't quite as 'heavy' as a full gnewsense desktop!

Thanks for all the effort and keep up the great work!

Dean