[gNewSense-users] Open OEM project - voice your support for gNewSense

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Open OEM project - voice your support for gNewSense
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:29:14 +0000

Hi, there's a project I've seen called Open OEM
(http://www.innovationstage.com/openoem), which is a plan to design an
entire computer which is open and free (as in freedom). I think this is
interesting for people who want hardware which works perfectly with a
fully free system. There's also a discussion about which GNU/Linux
distribution to use for the OS
(http://www.innovationstage.com/openoem/forums.php?m=posts&q=32&n=last#bottom),
and I think as many people as possible should voice their support for
gNewSense. There were some worrying comments there originally, such as
saying the software  must be completely free, but suggesting
distributions which aren't (e.g. Ubuntu Dapper).

Guy

--
Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office files - see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.