Re: [gNewSense-users] Good wireless card?

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Good wireless card?
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:33:36 +0000

Another thing that makes this really hard is that for a lot of cards,
the chipset can be a completely different one, even when the model
number is exactly the same. It seems to mostly depend on the 'version'
of the card, but there's usually no way of telling which one it is from
a seller's website. The last thing I want to do is waste my money on a
second useless wireless card. I suppose because they almost always say
something like "requires Window 2000/XP", they don't really think of this.

--
Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office files - see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html.