[gNewSense-users] Removable Drive

From: Robert Vogel
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Removable Drive
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:40:23 -0500

Completed my install of gnewsense and it looks very good.

I had trouble trying to make the wireless device work, but finally I
gave up and attached a wire instead. It was very smooth from there.
Updates and synaptic additions went well.

I have some of my old files backed up to a usb removable drive, and it
recognized it immediatly and opened it. I moved some files in from the
USB removable drive, but I could not write back to it. It says I done
have permissions.

I like that there is only one password since I am the only user and it
is unlikely anyone else will need an ID anytime soon. I had to 'sudo su'
with my password instead of plain 'su' though.

So here's my question: What do I have to do to mount the removable USB
drive so that I can write to it. Failing this I can't use it as a backup
drive.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.