Re: [gNewSense-users] Packages only in Multiverse because of patent prob

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Packages only in Multiverse because of patent problems
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 15:03:17 +0000

On 12/25/06, Guy Johnston <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if there's any plans to include the packages from
the Ubuntu Multiverse repository that are there because of possible
patent problems rather than because they're non-free, such as the MPEG
codecs? If the developers have legal worries could they be in a separate
repository for users to add later, like the whole Multiverse one is for
Ubuntu?

There's no plans for doing this. We remove and alter stuff, we don't
add it. There's enough of a legal mess here that I don't want to touch
it.

Brian