[gNewSense-users] How to attach a device to a driver.

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gNewSense-users] How to attach a device to a driver.
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:31:21 -0500

Hey guys,

I tried installing gNewSense on my laptop, the 'hard-line' ethernet uses the eepro100.  I uncommented the line in /etc/modprobe.c/blacklist so the module is _supposed_ to load on boot.  However when I boot the system and run `lsmod` it doesn't show up. I run `modprobe eepro100` and it loads the module fine, but it doesn't make it a reference to eth1.  How can I fix this?

I have tried doing searches but I'm not sure what to search for and really even what I'm looking for.

john