Re: [gNewSense-users] mplayer backports]]

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] mplayer backports]]
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:08:35 +1030

Tim Retout wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 18:06 +0100, Matthias Lehr wrote:
>> IceWeasel and IceDove would be also fine!
>
> I'm just a user making and sharing some unofficial packages - actually,

thanks :)

> I'm doing it because people in #gnewsense keep asking about compiling
> mplayer, but don't tell anyone that that's the best place to nag me.
>
> So anyway, those are big tasks; I wouldn't want to jump in unprepared
> and potentially break build dependencies. I don't know.
>
> Personally, I prefer Debian's approach, using xulrunner. Building
> everything against Firefox or Mozilla makes no sense to me. (I tend to

in ubuntuland its done for integration (afaik). not knowing details i
cant have an opinion about xulrunner though. i can (and do!) have the
opinion that needing FF to look at help (using yelp) is broken.

> use Epiphany.) So I wouldn't object to importing all of those at once...
> it depends how much stuff depends on being built against Firefox.

theres a few packages by default:
  firefox firefox-gnome-support gnewsense-desktop gnome-app-install yelp

plus 36 others:
apt-cache rdepends firefox |grep -v firefox
(-v firefox to filter out the lang packs for firefox)

>> Do you have no public key?
>
> I have one on the keyservers; it's not got any signatures, I'm afraid.
> Yet another reason not to use my stuff. ;) I'll sign this email with it,
> though.

:)
kk

--