Re: [gNewSense-users] More on the mp3 issue

From: Daniel Taylor
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] More on the mp3 issue
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:08:02 +0000

address@hidden wrote:
+1

People who would want to use Gnewsense will value freedom much more than
convenience. So you will have to go all the way. No mp3, firefox, etc.
Stay conservative as in: When in doubt, do not include.

I'll  +1 that.

I don't think we have to worry about it seeming that we are forcing people to have freedom, because if a user has chosen gnewsense over Ubuntu, they have done so for the freedom, which puts us in a nice position where as you say we can get rid of things like firefox and our user base won't mind. I'm sure if ubuntu got rid of firefox there would be an uproar because that would be forcing free software on people who might not care, we don't have that worry. which means we should, as mako said, take the moral high ground.

- daniel