Re: [gNewSense-users] gnome-app-install, app-install-data-commercial

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gnome-app-install, app-install-data-commercial
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 02:09:03 +0000

On 12/11/06, Tim Retout <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I did some work removing the checkboxes from gnome-app-install this
evening; you may know it as 'Add/Remove' in the Applications menu. I
enabled universe, and removed the proprietary checkbox.

It seems that app-install-data-commercial has made it into gNewSense. It
should probably be removed, and I got rid of the dependency on it. I'm
wondering whether to create a dummy package to help remove it from
people's systems.

That package has already been neutered. There's no harm in leaving it
lying around.

I'm not sure how to automate my changes, to contribute it all to Builder
- as soon as the next version is released, it'll all break. So, for now,
I created a repository here:

A diff to Builder would be best.

Thanks,
Brian