Re: [gNewSense-users] old 486 machine bombed

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] old 486 machine bombed
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:24:23 +1030

vogelrl wrote:
My wife wants me to throw out the 486 machine that has been in the
basement for a long time. It has a copy of Red Hat (fedora 4) loaded
onto it, which runs ok. When booting it says something about an old
bios, nor does it have a lot of memory.

So I tried booting the gnusense live cd and got, after a minute or two,
You have an icicles chance in hell of installing gns on a 486. after all, minimal ram requirement for the install cd is 192mb (its a live cd)
kk

        squashfs: version 3.0prerelease (2006/1/24) Phillip Lougher

I have no clue what this means. Probably is time to throw the machine
out. I'll try again with a newer, faster model...but, who knows, maybe
you're interested.

Bob

--
Karl Goetz