[gNewSense-users] RE: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 2, Issue 56

From: arnuld
Subject: [gNewSense-users] RE: gNewSense-users Digest, Vol 2, Issue 56
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:23:23 +0530

No problem, anytime :-)

:-)

> but what baout the BUG, the one i mentioned that a user "logs OFF"
> automatically, suddenly while i am working. my screensaver is off &
> power-managament settings are set to "never". but user "LOGs OFF" in
> an automatic way. it happened 3 times with me.

did you summited a bug already about this?
if not please consider visiting:
http://bugs.gnewsense.org/

i tried that & i have an account there & using that account i edited
some WIKI pages in "user experience" & also posted the information  on
solving "internet accessing problem" for those who are using Netgear
DG632 router :-).  i got a "message" , when i tried to file a bug:
something like "such an account is not enough to file a bug".

BTW, i have installed Arch Linux. i like it very much & if i am right
it is copyleft (GPL). i am using it as it does not hide the complexity
behind GUIs. my broadband connection takes whole 1 night to download 1
CD, so last night i left my box (gNewSense) for downloading HURD CD-2
but as i told you in the morning i confronted the GDM as it logged out
automatically after downloading 100 MB :-( & i am not authorised to
file BUGS.

do yo have any comments on my switch to Arch?

thanks

-- arnuld
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/