Re: [gNewSense-users] RTL8185 Wireless Driver

From: Peter Garrett
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] RTL8185 Wireless Driver
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:14:30 +1100

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 04:16:57 -0900
Anthony Patarini <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm sure I'm just missing a simple step due to lack
> of experience, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate
> hearing them.

I don't know about this driver - but have you run

sudo modprobe rtl818x     ( or whatever the right name is for the module)

and added rtl818x at the bottom of /etc/modules so it will load on boot ?

If that works you should be able to use the GNOME
System-Administration-Networking GUI to configure the interface. (Or
network-manager - but I think you would need to install that )

Peter