Re: [gNewSense-users] RFC Firefox Free Software

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] RFC Firefox Free Software
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:57:54 +0000

Paul O'Malley <address@hidden> wrote:
> a conversation on email with Richard Stallman about Firefox. [...]
> - ----
> The Firefox trademark issue is not important.  At worst it means we have
> to change the name of what we distribute.  The Firefox sources are free
> software, and we can use them.

Is Richard Stallman aware of the inclusion of unmodifiable files
in the Firefox sources?

Then again, it is widely known that Richard Stallman does not require
all the same freedoms for non-programs as for programs (see the FDL
for one horrible consequence of that), so maybe unmodifiable files are
fine as long as they aren't program source code.

Regards,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble