Re: [gNewSense-users] RFC Firefox Free Software

From: rek2GNU/Linux
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] RFC Firefox Free Software
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:26:06 -0600

I think Rich is right on the the nail, there are many ways we could do this,
in the case we go with chopping that feature out firebox we could do it on the code itself and present a msg to the user that warms him that to install such a plug in will break his freedom and jeopardize the system, I think it will be very rude to just drop the feature with out saying anything at all. if the user decides to go for it.. then he will have to manually go to the plugin website and download it itself...no firefox intervention here. I don't know if this is possible legally with out breaking some firefox legal something this is just and idea, I know debian had their issues also with firefox.

Cheers
Chris Fernandez
http://www.binaryfreedom.info