Re: [gNewSense-users] [artwork] Ponder Update 1

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [artwork] Ponder Update 1
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 18:38:27 +1030

Viper550 wrote:
Greetings Everyone,

We are having some pretty nice developments and ideas for the Ponder phase, such as the decision to use Murrine as the GTK engine, along with a usable GTK theme mockup (by me) using that engine! In the icon department, it's a battle between Tango and Lila. Then for overall style, only colors have been suggested so far (by me).

Sorry about my ignorance, but how does this get maintained? are core packages affected by changing engine? (i assume nothing major is changed by artwork). I'm also assuming that the people making noise about artwork in general will be making artwork, but how does it make in into gns?
Sorry if i missed something obvious :)
kk

Only thing I ask right now is that we also talk about the style for the wallpaper/login splash/gdm overall look a bit more too. Sure, talking about GTK themes is also well and good, but wallpapers and all that are alot more prominent as well (so we have to make sure those look good as well!)

Viper550

--
Karl Goetz
The buck stops there -> $