Re: [gNewSense-users] builder script to solve bug 00036

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] builder script to solve bug 00036
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:25:50 +0000

On 11/9/06, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell <address@hidden> wrote:

The attached file `gen-module-init-tools' is supposed to modify
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist so that the eepro100 driver is no longer
blacklisted.

Unfortunately, I do not have a local repo to test the script on (my
entire HDD is only 30GB). I know that the sed line is OK, but I cannot
test the rest of it. I just mimicked what I found in the other gen-*
files.

You don't need a local repo. Just make the deb and install it.
I can't test this as I don't have the right hardware.

sed -i "/# replaced by e100/,/blacklist eepro100/d" extra/modprobe.d/blacklist

dch -D $RELEASE -v $(sed  -n
'1s#^.*(\(.*\)).*#\1'${DISTRONAME_L}${MODULE_INIT_TOOLS_VERSION}'#p' debian/changelog)
"Changed blacklist to include eepro100 and exclude e100"

Your changelog and your command don't agree, I see nothing there to
exclude e100. It's also best not to rely on comments, instead to just
delete the active lines.

Thanks,
Brian