Re: [gNewSense-users] [artwork] GTK engines!

From: Janet Hawtin
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [artwork] GTK engines!
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:07:42 +1030

The murrine stuff looks great.
Its the right flavour of free?
Im not experienced in this stuff but was wondering if
we could have some kind of process thingo.

1. How do you tell if a theme is the right kind of free
and safe to incorporate, ie traps for new players.

2. How do you contribute new icons to suit a theme.
How do we make it easy for people to make more murrine-ness.
ie perhaps we should be coming up with a way that we show people
how to use x or y flavour as templates or processes for making new icons.

So for me murrine is nice, theres bound to be people wanting different flavours,
is it an issue of deciding if cairo is the one true way or is it possible to
have a mix of technologies or looks and still be compliant/easy to use etc.

How do we make it easy for people to see which technologies and themes are safe
and easy to contribute to?

Janet