Re: [gNewSense-users] Firefox crashes on cnet.com due to security vulner

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Firefox crashes on cnet.com due to security vulnerability in Dapper 6.06 (since updated in Ubuntu)
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:01:56 +0000

On 11/8/06, Daniel Dickinson <address@hidden> wrote:
On doing some research, it seems that the version of firefox delivered
with ubuntu 6.06 has a bug in privileged(!) ui code.  It is treated as
a security vulnerability and has been fixed in ubuntu.

## quoted text follows ##

Ubuntu 6.06 LTS:
  firefox                        1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.4-0ubuntu6.06

Eh, Dapper has 1.5.0.3-0ubuntu3. Anyway, we have had
1.5.0.7-ubuntu0.6.06 in our security archives for over a month. This
is what was distributed on all 1.0 LiveCDs.

Thanks for the report, but I do a pull from Ubuntu security every
night so we'll get most stuff automatically.

Brian