Re: [gNewSense-users] vrms

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] vrms
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 04:43:09 +0000

On 11/7/06, Andrew Wigglesworth <address@hidden> wrote:
I've just run it on my installation of gNewSense and this was the result:

=============================
address@hidden:~$ vrms
vrms: ERROR- Badly formed dpkg-status entry #1231!
             pkg=[emacs], pkgstatus=[install ok installed], section=[]
               Non-free packages installed on vostok

ttf-gentium               Gentium TrueType font

  1 non-free packages, 0.1% of 1266 installed packages.

===============================

I've just checked and according to:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=Gentium

Gentium is released under the  SIL Open Font License, which is fine according
to the FSF.

I don't know what the "Badly formed dpkg-status entry" means for emacs though?
I uninstalled emacs and the message went away, reinstalled and it came back
again.

I've come across this before on a Sarge box. The issue was some field
that vrms was expecting, but I never fully tracked it down. It would
be something nice to fix, but that would probably be best suited as a
bug/patch to Debian.

http://bugs.debian.org/vrms
4 year old bug at this stage. That page also answers the accuracy question.

Brian