Re: [gNewSense-users] Is Fedora 100% free software? If so, how does it d

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Is Fedora 100% free software? If so, how does it differ from gNewSense?
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:31:20 +0000

On 06/11/06, Dave Crossland <address@hidden> wrote:

I'll look into Fedora :-)

Why is it not on the FSF page? I don't really understand "politics" as
an explanation. URLs as background reading would perfectly answer this
general query of mine :-)

Not sure I explained that very well - this is an open question... "I'm
new round here" (graphic designer, not programmer) and have been using
Mac OS X for a few years and dont really understand all the cultural
background on things like this.

I've come to understand the pain of proprietary software that always
pinches you in the end, and want to get as high a %age Free as
possible. I used to use Debian when I was a kid, so when I returned to
GNU+Linux I chose Ubuntu because I figured I'd be familiar with it -
mainly apt. Though I see Fedora has yum, if it turns out to be Free
I'll probably stick with gns because of its heritage...

--
Regards,
Dave