Re: [gNewSense-users] some ideas

From: Mariot Chauvin
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] some ideas
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 03:12:32 +0100

Sorry If my first idea was not clear :

The goal is to promote free software, and the free software current development, that have an impact for an end user, my example could be rewritten as :

You want to read Flash animations ? help the gnash project
You have to have 3D acceleration ? help the nouveau project
etc..

The idea is too, to maintain a sort of TODO list of the work we need to do, to have freedom with all features.

regards,

Mariot

2006/11/4, Dave Crossland <address@hidden>:
On 04/11/06, Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> wrote:

>    * I think a page on the website can be useful, which list non-free software
>    very used.
>
> Pretty useless. I do not really see why we should even talk about
> non-free software.
>    why blob are dangerous for linux ?:
>
> *seconds*

I think the first suggestion is in the spirit of the last. Like,

"The unethical, unsustainable proprietary software in the list below
are often included in GNU+Linux distributions, including the ones that
have a reputation for only including free software like Ubuntu,
Fedora, openSUSE and Debian. gNewSense is proud to be truly 100% Free
Software!"

--
Regards,
Dave