[gNewSense-users] Release of gNewSense 0.93

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Release of gNewSense 0.93
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 21:12:38 +0000

I am happy to announce the release of the 0.93 LiveCD of gNewSense.
This brings a number of improvements, including:
- all known firmware now removed from linux kernel
- example-content updated to be more relevant
- fixed system-backends-tools so disks-admin etc. doesn't have warning dialog
- LiveCD: now contains latest security updates
- LiveCD: installed system no longer has ubiquity and all the language-packs
- LiveCD: sources.list contains usable values
- Builder: do-update now handles config version increments
- Builder: scripts to produce tarball of all source of a livecd, stage a livecd
    and push livecds and archives to the mirror
- Builder now available via apt-get

The LiveCD can be downloaded from http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-livecd-0.93.iso (633MB)
and the source tarball from http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-cdsource-0.93.tar (1.7GB).

This release should be considered a release candidate for 1.0, which
we hope to release this week. I'd ask everyone to do as much QA as
they can so we can reduce headaches post release.

At the moment there a a number of tasks which have to be done and roles to be filled.
These include writing documentation, updating the website, double-checking
for non-free software and encouraging new members into our community.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank those in the FSF who have provided
us with the resources to be able to take this stage.

Yours,
Brian